WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    TN: 2009 Georges Descombes Morgon
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TN: 2009 Georges Descombes Morgon
 Login/Join 
posted
Translucent dark reddish purple. The nose is a mixture of vibrant red currant and persimmons, mingled with rhubarb. The clean fruit leads the attack, accompanied with a fresh splash of acidity. Wonderful balance. I’m sure that this will age, but it is a treat to drink now.

Posts: 1545 | Location: STL | Registered: Dec 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jean Descombes that is, distributed by Georges Duboeuf?

There is nothing in our intelligence that has not passed by the senses. (Aristoteles)

Posts: 1872 | Location: Luxemburg | Registered: Nov 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MoselleLuxemburg:
Jean Descombes that is, distributed by Georges Duboeuf?

No. This is not a Deboeuf wine. It is Georges Descombes, not Jean Descombes -- different guys.

Posts: 1545 | Location: STL | Registered: Dec 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was sitting here -- very tired -- contemplating how to describe this wine. My wife wasn't being of any help. Then I started to wonder if I'd posted a previous note. Jackpot.

All I need to say is 'ditto'. This is a thoroughly enjoyable beaujolais. Showing as good, if not better than a year ago.

posted Hide Post
Is it the Morgon Vieilles Vignes ?

If so, here is my TN:

First of 4 bottles. Pretty dark for a Gamay based wine. Nose shows berries, lots of spices , but lacks a real expressive side for now. On the palate, it's quite different. Lots of fruit flavors, spices, minerality, just enough concentration, nice acidity and a good lenght. Was equal on the 3rd night following the opening of the bottle. A pretty good Beaujolais. 91

dzitt

Posts: 841 | Location: Montréal, Canada | Registered: Dec 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dzitt:

I don't believe so. However, I would have to double-check the bottle, when I get back home later this week to be 100% sure.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sharkey:
quote:
Originally posted by dzitt:

I don't believe so. However, I would have to double-check the bottle, when I get back home later this week to be 100% sure.

Will wait then! Always nice to compare TN...

Posts: 841 | Location: Montréal, Canada | Registered: Dec 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post