WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    2008 Le Cadeau Diversite (Pinot Noir) Oregon
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2008 Le Cadeau Diversite (Pinot Noir) Oregon
 Login/Join 
posted
Had the 2008 Le Cadeau Diversite last night at dinner. Went superbly with duck breast.

The wine was still a teeny bit tight, but opened up nicely. Nice cherry and light berry notes, and a little nutty flavor, I think. The wine is nicely concentrated. Has a very nice finish and is a really elegant wine.
I think this was only made in 2008. I think it has not reached its peak.
WS gave it 93 pts, and I have no argument with that.

99% of lawyers give the rest of us a bad name.

Posts: 7154 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Feb 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by irwin:
Had the 2008 Le Cadeau Diversite last night at dinner.
<snip>
I think this was only made in 2008.

This is a regular bottling.

quote:
I think it has not reached its peak.

Glad to hear it. I have a few.

"Wine, one sip of this will bathe the drooping spirits in delight beyond the bliss of dreams. Be wise and taste."
- Milton

Posts: 3482 | Location: NW Suburbs of Chicago | Registered: Aug 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the note, irwin. Like aphilla, I'm glad to have a few of these.

Posts: 1563 | Location: STL | Registered: Dec 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

FWIW, WS rated it 91. Dr. Jay gave it a 93. Regardless, thanks for the note and I plan to pick some up, as I have enjoyed a couple of previous vintages of the Diversite.

Posts: 10103 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the corrections, gentlemen.
In any event, this is one enjoyable wine. I have one bottle left of the Diversite, and one each of the Equinox and the Cote d'est, all from 2008

Posts: 7154 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Feb 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Popped and poured with roasted chicken. Nice black cherry aroma with a hint of vanilla, and a bit of tartness in it. The taste has great black cherry fruit too, and a pretty high level of acidity on the mid-palate to finish. 91 points.

Posts: 3223 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Apr 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
In any event, this is one enjoyable wine. I have one bottle left of the Diversite, and one each of the Equinox and the Cote d'est, all from 2008

Irwin, HOLD the ones you have left. They will improve considerably from today based on my experiences with Tom's wines. Also, if you ever find the 08 Equinox Reserve, by all means pick some up.

In the United States, anyone can be President. That's the problem!

Posts: 1112 | Location: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Mar 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Irwin; do you know who sells these in the DC, NVA, MoCo or Baltimore area? No hits on wine searcher. Thanks.

"The hardest thing to attain ... is the appreciation of difference without insisting on superiority" George Saintsbury

Posts: 1588 | Location: DC Suburbs, Potomac MD. | Registered: Dec 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doesn't Bassins carry it?

If not, and can ship in, can get from Brown Derby.

Posts: 1437 | Location: Land of the Sick Cab Weekend | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Red Vino:
Doesn't Bassins carry it?

If not, and can ship in, can get from Brown Derby.

Thanks, i've bought Cote Est 05 and 06 at Bassins. They currently have the 07 in stock so maybe it is a matter of time till they stock it. Will talk to them to see when they expect to get it.

"The hardest thing to attain ... is the appreciation of difference without insisting on superiority" George Saintsbury

Posts: 1588 | Location: DC Suburbs, Potomac MD. | Registered: Dec 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 08s have long been out (probably gone for the most part) so I wouldn't think they will be getting any.

May be time to be creative to find some.

Posts: 1437 | Location: Land of the Sick Cab Weekend | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Merengue: Yes, here would be your retail source:
http://bassins.com/faq/about-us.html
Close to you.
I think the 2008's are not going to be available.
But, I've got my hands on some of Le Cadeau's 2009s which are quite good as well.

posted Hide Post
Opened a bottle of this with a friend. Popped and poured. Really delicious, with plenty of cherry, spice and a touch of earthiness. Plenty of life left, but really good with just a little air.

PH

Posts: 15115 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post