WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    2009 Chateau La Favorite
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2009 Chateau La Favorite
 Login/Join 
posted
Had this with dinner tonight. Hard to find a less expensive '09 Bordeaux, I think this was just $8 a couple years ago. The bottle itself was so cheap it was noticably out of round so I wasn't expecting much.

Popped and poured through Venturi. Very closed at first as you'd expect. Deep ruby color with grippy but not overpowering tanins. Leather and licorice were all that showed at first. Half an hout later it started opening up. More plum and currant with tobacco, leather and licorice. Continued to open up into a really good glass of wine. Shockingly good for 8 bucks actually. Testament to the greatness of the vintage I suppose but I'd have to give it high 80's for a score. If I could find more I'd buy it by the case for a weeknight drinker.

Posts: 2302 | Location: NH Seacoast | Registered: Oct 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post