WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    2001 Domaine Charvin - Côtes du Rhône (France, Southern Rhône, Côtes du Rhône)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2001 Domaine Charvin - Côtes du Rhône (France, Southern Rhône, Côtes du Rhône)
 Login/Join 
posted
2001 Domaine Charvin Côtes du Rhône (Le Poutet) - France, Rhône, Southern Rhône, Côtes du Rhône (12/14/2012)
-- popped and poured --
-- tasted non-blind over 4 hours --

NOSE: light raspberry, strawberry and red currant mélange; strong mineral note; lightly herby; a touch smoky or a slight matchstick note; moderate- to moderate expressiveness.

BODY: medium-light to medium bodied; garnet core with bricking throughout; color is of medium-light to medium depth.

TASTE: good acidity; drying tannin; moderately strong garrigue note; clean, with light concentration of typical, Grenache red fruit flavors; hint of sandalwood; fruit is very light; lots of acidity; 14% alc. is not noticeable; no point in holding off on these any longer: drink now.

B: 50, 5, 11, 15, 7 = (88 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Posts: 1860 | Location: L.A. | Registered: Dec 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bet this was fresher a few years ago. I have no experience with CdR at age 12. Thanks for the TN

Life without wine?...... Yeah Right.
The Unexamined Life Is Not Worth Living - Socrates
"Wine....offers a greater range for enjoyment and appreciation than possibly any other purely sensory thing which may be purchased" ERNEST HEMINGWAY (1889-1961)

ITB

Posts: 4955 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: Nov 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IMO, this was probably at peak two or three years ago.

As it is, I found this bottle very recently at a UK retailer that has excellent storage conditions, and the bottle looked like it was in excellent shape, and the price was good, so I figured it would be a fun little experiment. I don't regret buying it (I believe the bottle was sound), but I wouldn't buy another one --- not even to drink tomorrow.

Posts: 1860 | Location: L.A. | Registered: Dec 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the price was right I would have bought it to. Thanks

Life without wine?...... Yeah Right.
The Unexamined Life Is Not Worth Living - Socrates
"Wine....offers a greater range for enjoyment and appreciation than possibly any other purely sensory thing which may be purchased" ERNEST HEMINGWAY (1889-1961)

ITB

Posts: 4955 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: Nov 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post