WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    1989 Torres Mas La Plana Cabernet-Sauvignon
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1989 Torres Mas La Plana Cabernet-Sauvignon
 Login/Join 
posted
For VinT who just opened this bottle, my tasting note (not recent,Tasted in november 2009)

Decanted then followed on the next two hours. Dark garnet in the center, more age signs on the rim. On the nose, dry leaves, tea, red fruits (strawberries and cherries). Will fade away in intensity after the first hour. On the palate I have sour cherries, forest and dry leaves, with some strenght and oak. The finish will dry out after some time. To my opinion, better than a 1996 tasted a short time ago. Not dead yet and an interesting experience. 90

Posts: 803 | Location: Montréal, Canada | Registered: Dec 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks dzitt. Sadly, my bottle was not nearly as interesting. I babysat a glass for three hours, but it never really showed signs of life. Black tea, a wisp of pruney fruit and a hint of TCA was all I picked up. The rest of the bottle went down the sink.

Posts: 2666 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's pretty sad...it may not have been the best "mature" wine I had in my life, but mine was sure interesting...

Posts: 803 | Location: Montréal, Canada | Registered: Dec 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post