WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    TN: 2007 Ridge Monte Bello
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TN: 2007 Ridge Monte Bello
 Login/Join 
posted
Enjoyed this with theweb at Crush. Beautiful nose of cassis, raspberry liquorice, black plums, roasted and grilled notes (coffee, game), and a lovely floral quality - beautiful nose. Still young and a little primal but drinking surprisingly beautifully; dark fruit and roasted notes; huge structure but well balanced; builds in intensity through mid-palate to a huge finish; great balance; nice, lively acidity keeping weight fresh; superfinegrained tannins integrated into structure but just a tad chewy; long length of finish. A great wine overall that is drinking surprisingly well for its age... wasn't astringent at all. It's not a thinking man's wine, but provides a more primal pleasure. At this stage, I would say 94-97. Hold.

Posts: 755 | Location: Toronto, ON | Registered: Nov 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sweet notes! Thanks! I still have a few of these. I paid $100 a bottle back in in 2003.

Posts: 9262 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the way you TO boys roll.
Last time I was down Mark pulled a clos vougeot....looking forward to sept.11 in Port Credit

Posts: 1078 | Registered: Apr 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mpls wine guy:
Sweet notes! Thanks! I still have a few of these. I paid $100 a bottle back in in 2003.

Wow! Talk about buying futures!

Go Habs Go

Posts: 5513 | Location: Chicago | Registered: May 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grossie:
quote:
Originally posted by mpls wine guy:
I still have a few of these. I paid $100 a bottle back in in 2003.

Wow! Talk about buying futures!

Big Grin

I'm all in for the 2014 vintage, you?

Posts: 29477 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2007 Ridge Monte Bello - USA, California, San Francisco Bay, Santa Cruz Mountains (9/19/2012)
$98 off the wine list at the Anvil Club. Opaque ruby/purple color. Decanted for about two hours to this point. Notes of cassis, violets, cherry, chocolate and incense. More florals and cedar as it continued to unwind over the evening. Full-bodied with firm, sweet tannins supported by a wealth of fruit- black currants, cassis and black raspberry. Floral qualities on the palate as well. Long, satiny finish. Juicy and hedonistic in terms of the fruit at this stage- though a long way from peak. (94-95 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Posts: 1482 | Location: St. Charles, IL | Registered: Dec 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a killer price off a wine list. Well done, Allred. Sounds like a nice wine.

Go Habs Go

Posts: 5513 | Location: Chicago | Registered: May 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had another bottle of this- hasn't shut down at all. Lovely, with loads of exciting, youthful fruit.

2007 Ridge Monte Bello - USA, California, San Francisco Bay, Santa Cruz Mountains (12/21/2012)
Off the wine list at the Anvil Club. Opaque inky purple color. Notes of black currants, violets, cherry, and florals. Full-bodied with firm, sweet tannins and loads of black fruit and floral tones. Long finish. Immensely enjoyable for its abundant fruit at this young stage. (94+ pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Posts: 1482 | Location: St. Charles, IL | Registered: Dec 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Found a few bottles of this at Woodside Safeway in their cold storage. Their price beat Bertramo's down the street and Safeway super-saver card helped even more!

These are back here in FL stashed away amongst my daughter's birthyear collection.

Ardeis in Seminole

Posts: 418 | Location: Seminole, Florida | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post