WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    Donatella Cinelli Colombini Rosso di Montalcino 2010
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Donatella Cinelli Colombini Rosso di Montalcino 2010
 Login/Join 
posted
This Rosso from a great vintage is well worth getting
Red berry, with some leather, touches of vanilla, this wine is very complex. Well worth laying down for a year or two. Acid and tannins in balance. Tannin is quite forward. Ultra long finish.
91 points

Posts: 95 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: May 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That sounds pretty good for an RdM! I agree with you about the vintage. I've had some great '10 Rosso, much better than many Brunelli I've had.

I'm really looking forward to see what this vintage has done for Brunello. Some barrel tastings I had where also very promising. Some of the best wines I ever tasted from barrel (not that I have tasted that many wines from barrel...). But we will have to wait 2 more years to see what the end result will be.

Albert Jochems
- life is to short to drink bad wines -

Posts: 718 | Location: The Netherlands | Registered: Aug 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post