WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    1995 Simi Collectors Series Cabernet Sauvignon
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1995 Simi Collectors Series Cabernet Sauvignon
 Login/Join 
posted
Have had this one for a while and decided it was time to pop it for a friend's birthday dinner. From magnum. This is a reserve type botteling from Alexander vally. The cork was about half shot, but it came out to reveal a wonderful wine with a full nose of perfume and ceadery spice. Garnet color with just a hint of bricking. Very soft and layerd on the pallet with spices, ceader, red currants, and mocha notes. On the backside, some tight tanins still resided along with some earthy notes. Nice lingering finish, this was enjoyed by all. 92pts. Wish I had a few more - I found this one in it's wooden box in a shop in Boston for $25.99 back in 2000; one of my better finds! Winner

"Good wine, good food, good friends...What else do you need?"

Posts: 521 | Location: northern Alabama | Registered: Nov 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Scotty,

Sometimes you just get lucky.....look like you just had one of the times. Don't you love when That happens!!

Posts: 886 | Location: Buffalo , New York | Registered: Jul 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice. Gotta love a good find like that.

Smile

Posts: 6450 | Location: Palm Beach | Registered: Nov 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post