WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    2002 Kathryn Kennedy Cabernet Sauvignon Small Lot
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2002 Kathryn Kennedy Cabernet Sauvignon Small Lot
 Login/Join 
posted
  • 2002 Kathryn Kennedy Cabernet Sauvignon Small Lot - USA, California, San Francisco Bay, Santa Cruz Mountains (4/18/2009)
    Luxurious aromas of lush black berries, chocolate, eucalyptus, coriander and a hint of vanilla. The black berries, coriander and chocolate carry through to the palate while creating a fresh and lively, full mouth feel. Balanced and classy with just a touch of tannin to pair well with the filet mignon accompanying it. Excellent medium length finish. A very impressive cab.Kathryn Kennedy creates yet another solid winner. Wow! (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Posts: 15417 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
  • 2002 Kathryn Kennedy Cabernet Sauvignon Small Lot - USA, California, San Francisco Bay, Santa Cruz Mountains (8/2/2010)
    Very sophisticated or shall I say a wine with a very refined profile.Already displaying secondary aromas. Nice nose of blackcurrant, lots of mint, tobacco notes with some chocolate and smoke. Very smooth palate, good fruit with a good balance and integration of the wood in the wine. Very nice. Long finish. (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

"I have drunk not to the clouding of my reason, but just so much that I can still surely distinguish the syllables with my tongue." Athenaeus

"Mimik" on cellartracker.com

Posts: 6566 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Feb 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2009 Kathryn Kennedy Small Lot Santa Cruz Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon

Bold, juicy Cabernet with hints of spice box and oak. Bright fruit comes through mid palate, dark berries with a touch of strawberry. Really intense. Medium to full bodied, finish last 20 seconds, but comes off light.

6 hrs in decanter
Fruit and spice have resolved. Tannins now showing, it's put on some weight.

CT points - 93.

Not much experience, will this age well? Time to go buy more.

www.mywinelist.net

Posts: 198 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Nov 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post