WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    2008 Catena Zapata Cabernet Franc Angelica Zapata Alta
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2008 Catena Zapata Cabernet Franc Angelica Zapata Alta
 Login/Join 
posted
  • 2008 Bodega Catena Zapata Cabernet Franc Angélica Zapata Alta - Argentina, Mendoza, Lujan de Cuyo (11/20/2012)
    Dark ruby/black colour. A little reticent initially, but opens up nicely to show aromas of crushed blackberries, blackcurrants, sliced black plums, and just a touch of vanillan. Full-bodied and lush, showing nice texture and a solid, 30-35s. The wine continued to improve over the several hours to bottle was open. Only listed as 13.9% alcohol, but to me it seems a little bit higher - something around 14.5%. I think this wine will improve with a bit of cellaring, but can be enjoyed now. This is a wine made for the domestic market in Argentina, and is not exported. Drink now-2016+. (91 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Posts: 10698 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, always something new in the tasting notes section for me. Big Grin

I have never tasted a wine listed at 13.9% and said, taste like 14.5% to me. Razz

Posts: 29613 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LOL. You get my point though - sometimes wines are labeled with lower alcohol percentages than they actually are to get around paying higher taxes. Happens in Italy all the time!

Posts: 10698 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post