WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    2006 SQN Raven No. 10 Syrah
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2006 SQN Raven No. 10 Syrah
 Login/Join 
posted
Drank from a Magnum. Decanted for two hours before the first sip. The nose was not as expressive initially as previous SQN wines I have had (although this would change after 6 hours).

Jam, earth, and cedar initially. 4 hours in, it muted a bit. 6 hours in, it developed tar, butter, and vanilla flavors. Had a slight hint of baby powder on the nose and pallet.

We started sipping 2 hours into decant, had it with our NY Strips Au Poivre, and finished sipping after dessert.

It was great to have a Magnum to follow the evolution (4 of us were drinking) throughout the day. Each of the four of us thought it was spectacular now, 96-97 points. Can certainly hold and let evolve over next 5+ years, but drinking wonderfully now.

I think I might be able to help with the Pan, Pam dilemma

Posts: 1034 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: Dec 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice notes. I have yet to try a SQN, but I hope to change that this year.

Posts: 1648 | Location: Murrieta, CA | Registered: Mar 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post