WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    TN: 2005 La Spinetta Pin
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TN: 2005 La Spinetta Pin
 Login/Join 
posted
2005 La Spinetta "Pin"

Deep radiant purple ink color. Rich aromas of meat, molasses, wet black soil and black cherries. Palate has some real depth to it, but it is not appreciably long. Tannins are tart and became very bitter like almonds on a second tasting the next day. My experience with Pins is they need 8-10 years to fully develop but the rich aromatics give me great confidence this one will be a gem in not too distant future.

90 points with anticipated potential.

Ardeis in Seminole

Posts: 429 | Location: Seminole, Florida | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the note...I have some 'Netta I need to open.

Posts: 30085 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Revisited a little over a year later.

Very aromatic nose of dark fruit and wet, rich soil. A big, muscular, chewy wine with loads of black cherries, cassis, black olives and molasses. Long finish with sweet tannins.
Just starting to come into it's drinking window and a long life ahead. Fantastic by itself or with pasta, particularly pollo.
70% nebbiolo 30% barbera.

91 points.

Ardeis in Seminole

Posts: 429 | Location: Seminole, Florida | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post