WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    TN: 2004 Domaine Font De Michelle CdP
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TN: 2004 Domaine Font De Michelle CdP
 Login/Join 
posted
This Chateauneuf was pure pleasure in a glass. It offered up smoky black cherry fruit with a black pepper component. The truly juicy acidity in this wine blends wonderfully with the medium length finish. This is the first time I have tried a wine from this estate. It will not be the last. The alc. of 14.5% seemed a little low, but the wine was not hot at all. Imported by Robert Kacher. 92+ pts.

IW

Life without wine?...... Yeah Right.
The Unexamined Life Is Not Worth Living - Socrates
"Wine....offers a greater range for enjoyment and appreciation than possibly any other purely sensory thing which may be purchased" ERNEST HEMINGWAY (1889-1961)

ITB

Posts: 5058 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: Nov 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Italian Wino:
Imported by Robert Kacher. 92+ pts.

IW

I have shared a lot of wine with Bobby. His wines are well represented in Dallas.

Posts: 30380 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the note. The 2001 is drinking very nicely now.

Posts: 458 | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another excellent showing. I am not sure if this is the basic bottling or the cuvee Etienne Gonnet version. His name is on the front label and has the initials EG in the center of the label. Same score and profile of the previous bottling. I would love to try a current release of this wine.

IW

Life without wine?...... Yeah Right.
The Unexamined Life Is Not Worth Living - Socrates
"Wine....offers a greater range for enjoyment and appreciation than possibly any other purely sensory thing which may be purchased" ERNEST HEMINGWAY (1889-1961)

ITB

Posts: 5058 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: Nov 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post