WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    1999 Castelgiocondo Brunello
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1999 Castelgiocondo Brunello
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:
quote:
Originally posted by Mimik:
I am finally redeemed. The MWP never really liked this wine but I knew it had promise. Glad Seaquam and PH liked it a lot as well!

Steve8 has mentioned to me more than once that he thinks you are the only guy in Montreal with a really great palate, and that he wishes he were more like you. I look forward to meeting you and sharing a glass or two in the next couple of years.

He speaketh the truth. It's a shame the other members of the MWP don't feel the same.

It would be a pleasure to meet you Seaquam. Mostly yours but still a pleasure. Wink

"I have drunk not to the clouding of my reason, but just so much that I can still surely distinguish the syllables with my tongue." Athenaeus

"Mimik" on cellartracker.com

Posts: 6589 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Feb 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mimik:
I am finally redeemed. The MWP never really liked this wine but I knew it had promise. Glad Seaquam and PH liked it a lot as well!

Steve8 has mentioned to me more than once that he thinks you are the only guy in Montreal with a really great palate, and that he wishes he were more like you. I look forward to meeting you and sharing a glass or two in the next couple of years.

LOL Nice. And I thought we were friends.

As for the wine in question, bottle variation is a definite possibility with the ones in Ontario and Quebec being inferior...except for the ones Mimik...errr...Robo Porker bought.

Posts: 10069 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:

LOL Nice. And I thought we were friends.

Not were-- ARE! And now Mimik is my friend too.

I never said I couldn't be bought cheaply.

Cheers!

Posts: 8391 | Location: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I never said I couldn't be bought cheaply.

I really can't wait to meet you. You are my kinda guy! Take notes, Steve8. Wink

"I have drunk not to the clouding of my reason, but just so much that I can still surely distinguish the syllables with my tongue." Athenaeus

"Mimik" on cellartracker.com

Posts: 6589 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Feb 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post