WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    2009 Fess Parker Pinot Noir Bien Nacido Vineyard Santa Barbara County
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2009 Fess Parker Pinot Noir Bien Nacido Vineyard Santa Barbara County
 Login/Join 
posted
This is insipid. Lack of good nose, color and taste
worst Pinot ever tasted from them.

One sip and spit

79 pts

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FL Wino,

Live simply, Laugh often, Wine a lot!!!

Posts: 6325 | Location: Palm Beach Gardens FL | Registered: Nov 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Too bad to hear, Ed. I've liked Fess Parker Pinots in the past (only had a few) and really enjoyed a visit my wife and I made back in 2009.

Just curious: the WS scoring scale says 80-84 points is a, "good...well-made wine." Your TN sounds more like a 60 or something. Thoughts? Was there some underlying saving grace in the wine?

Cheers!

Posts: 2887 | Location: Seattle, WA, USA | Registered: Mar 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRR:
Too bad to hear, Ed. I've liked Fess Parker Pinots in the past (only had a few) and really enjoyed a visit my wife and I made back in 2009.

Just curious: the WS scoring scale says 80-84 points is a, "good...well-made wine." Your TN sounds more like a 60 or something. Thoughts? Was there some underlying saving grace in the wine?

Seldom ever rated a wine in teh 60's except Bully Hill. This wine was far below what I thought was FP quaility standards and my expectations.

Guess I was gracious. I really hated it. Wine was very weak, felt watered down, and was not of a good quality. I'll keep the score, but it was probably in the high 70's to be factual.

Changed to a 79

Live simply, Laugh often, Wine a lot!!!

Posts: 6325 | Location: Palm Beach Gardens FL | Registered: Nov 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised it shopwed that poorly. Maybe a flawed or damaged bottle?

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36782 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been working on a case of the '07 for about a year now. Still showing very well. Surprised to hear about the '09. I'm with those who say might just have been a flawed bottle.

Posts: 2299 | Location: NH Seacoast | Registered: Oct 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post