WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    2004 Bussola L'Errante
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2004 Bussola L'Errante
 Login/Join 
posted
Strange wine. An IGT wine from Verona that is declassified merlot and cabernet made in the same Rippaso method as the corvina grape for amarone. Here we go.

Dark purple to the rim. Earthy loamy nose with perfume, dried figs and dark plums. Mid palate blackberry liqour, sappy lifesaver and bing cherries.Very rich and ripe but not as pruny as amorone can be but this wine clocked in at 15% alchohol. I decanted some of this wine and tried it at two and four hours in the decanter. The decanted wine had alot more earth and a little barnyard in the nose and lost it's sappy liqour flavors in the mid palate and alot more earthy black cherry on the finish with firmer tannins. I wouldn't decant this and enjoy it for the forward fruit on popping and pouring. 91+ pts for me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mpls wine guy,

Posts: 9281 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I popped the '06 of this same wine a few months back, and my notes and score were very comparable to yours.

Posts: 2451 | Location: L.A. | Registered: Mar 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post