WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tasting Notes    2010 Penner-Ash Pinot Noir, Shea Vineyard
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2010 Penner-Ash Pinot Noir, Shea Vineyard
 Login/Join 
posted
The bottle we drank from sat open for a little over an hour before being poured. Color was a light-medium ruby. Lovely nose of dark cherry, strawberry, cedar, pencil shavings. This wine had a great balance of acidity and tannins, both evident but not overpowering. The fruit flavors were the same as those I smelled with the addition of sweet spices and dark cocoa powder. Long, complex finish with what seemed to me a mix of savory and baking spices. I'd consider this to be leaning a little towards old-world but with fruit that is ripe without going too far. Extremely enjoyable to drink. 93+ with some probable upside.

Posts: 5367 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds good Bill.

Posts: 3545 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Penner Ash is one of my favorite Oregon pinot makers.

Posts: 2239 | Location: Florida | Registered: Sep 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have some of this at the store. Thanks for the TN.

Life without wine?...... Yeah Right.
The Unexamined Life Is Not Worth Living - Socrates
"Wine....offers a greater range for enjoyment and appreciation than possibly any other purely sensory thing which may be purchased" ERNEST HEMINGWAY (1889-1961)

ITB

Posts: 4921 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: Nov 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post