WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Off-Line Events    TWC Offline, Monday April 2/12 Veritas
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TWC Offline, Monday April 2/12 Veritas
 Login/Join 
posted
TWC Offline

Date: Monday April 2, 2012
Theme: Free for all

Roll Call:

Bigprovolone
Vinoevolo
Robsutherland
Duojet
Vincentric - Tenative
Machine - Tenative
On the wine - Tenative
Winderlust

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bigprovolone,

http://www.bythevines.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really wish I could, but this is an awful time for me. I'll be back in the mix come May.

Posts: 1310 | Registered: May 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In.

Posts: 1629 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where is the brickworks?

Posts: 1214 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jan 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duojet:
Where is the brickworks?

The brickworks is located in the Don Valley between the Bayview extension and the ramp to DVP, sort of at the bottom of the bridge that connects Bloor to the Danforth.

Posts: 549 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BP - count me if you're having it in the downtown area like Veritas, Biff's, etc.

Posts: 1214 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jan 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can probably do a downtown (or midtown maybe).

Looking forward to those mags of '08 Salon.

Posts: 2449 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lets say Veritas on King east, easy to get to for everyone and the food is good, hopefully they have invested in some decent stems by now!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigprovolone:
Lets say Veritas on King east, easy to get to for everyone and the food is good, hopefully they have invested in some decent stems by now!

In

posted Hide Post
Run what you brung? or some kind of theme?

Looking forward to those mags of '08 Salon.

Posts: 2449 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm easy but can go for all whites or Burgundy.

posted Hide Post
Please put me down as a tentative in. Free for all is good, and I've been wanting to do another Offline at Veritas for a while now. It's touch and go whether my knee will be recouped by then.

As for the stems, Veritas was great about us bringing stems for Vinojoe's Pinot offline in the fall and put them throught the wash for us. Personally I appreciate good stems but am fine with their regular stems for one night.

If I can't make this one, I'd like to aim for another later in the month.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Etobicoke (Toronto burb) | Registered: Apr 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tenative for me too!

"No TV and no beer make Homer...something, something"

Posts: 2805 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you kept it at the Brickworks, I could have walked stumbled home. LOL

Posts: 5177 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by on the wine:
If you kept it at the Brickworks, I could have walked stumbled home. LOL

Are you in for a stumble home from King St East?

posted Hide Post
I will know better when I get back to Toronto next Thursday. I'll have to stay tentative until then.

Posts: 5177 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
April 2nd is the day of the California Wine Fair at the Royal York.

Posts: 147 | Location: Buffalo NY  | Registered: Sep 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in

He must let us draw the water from the well. Certainly he can present a bill for such services; after all... we are not Communists.

Posts: 375 | Location: Ontario - where the activist centre will make it all just right | Registered: Nov 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is the roll call so far

TWC Offline

Roll Call:

Bigprovolone
Vinoevolo
Robsutherland
Duojet
Vincentric - Tenative
Machine - Tenative
On the wine - Tenative
Winderlust

posted Hide Post
Maybe.....

http://www.h2o2winecellardesign.com/

Posts: 2080 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is the roll call so far

TWC Offline

Roll Call:

Bigprovolone
Vinoevolo
Robsutherland
Duojet
Vincentric - Tenative
Machine - Tenative
On the wine - Tenative
Winderlust
AAV28 - Tenative

posted Hide Post
In. Thanks for organizing, BP.

What time?

Posts: 2905 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are we declaring? Was thinking Italian - but open to ideas.

He must let us draw the water from the well. Certainly he can present a bill for such services; after all... we are not Communists.

Posts: 375 | Location: Ontario - where the activist centre will make it all just right | Registered: Nov 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just saw this - I'm tentative.

Posts: 1715 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by winederlust:
Are we declaring? Was thinking Italian - but open to ideas.

What type of Italian? I can match the region for a flight set up.