WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Off-Line Events    1982 Bordeaux dinner 2012 Kittle House
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1982 Bordeaux dinner 2012 Kittle House
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Set march?

gives me time to find something from 82 ~ 150$ range

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 12383 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:

Has a little ring to it, n'est ce pas?

PH

incoming

Posts: 15631 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK lets set this in motion, Saturday March 24th. All those in favor say aye? Wineabdul and I have done dinners at a place in midtown that is very wine friendly.

Posts: 3723 | Location: Westchester, NY | Registered: Aug 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm very interested, but can't commit this far in advance. I'll keep an eye on this thread in the meantime. mareff, are you thinking of a cap on attendees?

PH

Posts: 15316 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I as well. There's a lot going on at that time that may, or may not, allow me to bop down to the city for the weekend. I'm very interested depending on how things shape up here.

Posts: 15631 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
we will cap it off around 10 people or so, PH, I can work around some people's schedules, and I understand that I cannot accomodate all, but I would for you and KSCO2, since it has been a while since I have clinked glasses with him as well. Both of you either email me or keep me posted here.

Mike

Posts: 3723 | Location: Westchester, NY | Registered: Aug 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will do Wink

Jack (jburman82), stay in the loop as well, eh? Cool
mareff, If you've not met Jack yet, do not miss an opportunity to do so...

posted Hide Post
KSC02, I will definitely stay in the loop. I'm like you and PH, I cant commit to this far out but I should be able to figure it out by the end of Jan/early Feb.

I have had the pleasure of sharing a bottle with Mareff on his last trip to the sunshine state. Very enjoyable evening!

Posts: 4610 | Location: Jupiter, Fl | Registered: Mar 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool ... hope the out-of-towners make it up to NYC.

Posts: 5183 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: Aug 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
count me in for the 24th por favor

Posts: 809 | Location: Long Island, NY | Registered: Jul 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aye

A fan of Oregon Pinot Noir

Posts: 158 | Location: Travelling Between Coasts | Registered: Mar 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
Will do Wink

Me too. Hope to make it!

PH

Posts: 15316 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yarrr

www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 12383 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Popcorn

Posts: 5070 | Location: Miami | Registered: Mar 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jorgerunfast:
Popcorn

you coming up with some beef flavored popcorn?
http://takashinyc.com/menu/index.htm

www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

posted Hide Post
wow...

i'll say this, my roommate and i have been putting off a trip to NY for the past 6 months (she lived there a few years and has family she wants to see). i can't commit to much since i recently purchased a money pit, but i'd like to make this happen....

Posts: 5070 | Location: Miami | Registered: Mar 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jorgerunfast:
wow...

i'll say this, my roommate and i have been putting off a trip to NY for the past 6 months (she lived there a few years and has family she wants to see). i can't commit to much since i recently purchased a money pit, but i'd like to make this happen....

hahah i hear you,

after i bought my money pit I give people the "if my trip to you retrns me more then XXX, I'll happily visit"

www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

posted Hide Post
Attendees:

mareff
DifferentDave
DoubleD
Noregonian
Wineabdul
G-Man

Maybes:
Board O
PurpleHaze
JBurman
KSCO2

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mareff,

posted Hide Post
throw me in please

www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

posted Hide Post
Now to learn the secret location .... Bow

Posts: 158 | Location: Travelling Between Coasts | Registered: Mar 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
obviously we can do a more formal sit down dinner at an Italian place which amounts to around $100 a person, and the food is fantastic, or we can do Peking which amounts to around $60.00 or so.

posted Hide Post
MR. reff

found a few places acutally that may be receptive of us holding this shindig.

North sq (as recommended by Mikep) is a great place - $100 all inclsuive.

Uncle jacks - 125$ all inclusive

Harry's - which comes out to 150$/person all inclusive.

www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

posted Hide Post
While I do enjoy the Duck House, for something as special as an 82 Bordeaux night, I think someplace else is in order,

posted Hide Post
Please count me in. Which evening in March?I am flexible on the evening and on the restaurant you select.

"Burgundy makes you think of silly things: Bordeaux makes you talk about them, and Champagne makes you do them."-Brillat-Savarin

Posts: 269 | Registered: Nov 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John its the 24th of March,

As time moves on I will ask people to inform me what they are brining so that I can work some flight pairings.

Mike