WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Off-Line Events    Chicago Area November 26-28?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chicago Area November 26-28?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I should know more early this week and will post as soon as I do...

"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst..."

Posts: 1938 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Sep 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Domino and I should be able to make this.

Posts: 1592 | Location: St. Charles, IL | Registered: Dec 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Xhoser, can you make the reservation since you are on a first-name basis with the Topaz staff? Smile

Aphilla brought up the question of theme. Personally, I can do without out one other than bringing something really nice to send our favorite Calinadian out with a bang! That being said, everyone always brings "something really nice". I'm planning on bringing a 1988 Rieussec for dessert. Just my two cents.

Posts: 5438 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
Xhoser, can you make the reservation since you are on a first-name basis with the Topaz staff? Smile

Aphilla brought up the question of theme. Personally, I can do without out one other than bringing something really nice to send our favorite Calinadian out with a bang! That being said, everyone always brings "something really nice". I'm planning on bringing a 1988 Rieussec for dessert. Just my two cents.

wfm, i have a couple of bottles of nice stuff still i think

"Wine, one sip of this will bathe the drooping spirits in delight beyond the bliss of dreams. Be wise and taste."
- Milton

Posts: 3472 | Location: NW Suburbs of Chicago | Registered: Aug 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aphilla:
wfm, i have a couple of bottles of nice stuff still i think

What's "wfm"?

I am certain we can find a couple of good bottles to open. We'll do a white (non-sparkling) and red TBD.

Posts: 1592 | Location: St. Charles, IL | Registered: Dec 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
wfm - Will Furnish Mouton? Banana

Posts: 5438 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Works for me. Get with it guys. Big Grin

Posts: 3586 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got the directive to limit travel the rest of the year so not looking promising for me to be in town that week. I was hoping to meet some of the Chicago crew... Frown

"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst..."

Posts: 1938 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Sep 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vino Bevo:
Just got the directive to limit travel the rest of the year

Now that Tuesday has come and gone, a lot of businesses are considering accelerating income and deferring expenses...hopefully we can catch you in the new year, Vino.

So I think we will bring:
2010 Sine Qua Non The Monkey (white)
1996 M. Chapoutier Côte-Rôtie La Mordorée
2005 Araujo Estate Cabernet Sauvignon Eisele Vineyard

posted Hide Post
Bill

I will handle the reservation tomorrow and will look for something decent to bring. Currently sitting on plane at SFO heading home after a week of busy business meetings.

Posts: 2545 | Location: Danville, CA | Registered: Apr 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In honor of the last planned visit from our Californian friend I will bring a 2001 Paul Hobbs Cabernet Sauvignon Hyde Vineyard.

I will be +1.

J3

Wine makes me smile.

Posts: 806 | Location: Chicago Western Suburbs | Registered: Nov 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got us a reservation at 6:30 pm for 12 people at Topaz Cafe in Burr Ridge under my name. Probably the only wine group coming in. If we shrink to 9 people they have a separate room we could use otherwise we will be in main dining room.

Posts: 2545 | Location: Danville, CA | Registered: Apr 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking at the wines you guys are planning, this has awesomeness written all over it! Looking like I'll be solo.

posted Hide Post
My plan is to bring the following:
White - 2006 Domaine Yves Cuilleron Condrieu Les Chaillets
Red - 2001 Domaine Charvin CdP

Laura seems more of a sure thing now but if she drops out at the last moment I am still bringing the same.. We will just have to buck up and drink a little more. Big Grin

Posts: 72 | Location: Lisle, IL | Registered: Sep 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanTheRhoneFan:
My plan is to bring the following:
White - 2006 Domaine Yves Cuilleron Condrieu Les Chaillets
Red - 2001 Domaine Charvin CdP

Laura seems more of a sure thing now but if she drops out at the last moment I am still bringing the same.. We will just have to buck up and drink a little more. Big Grin

Love me some Viognier. Smile

Posts: 3586 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll bring another '01 CdP.

"Wine, one sip of this will bathe the drooping spirits in delight beyond the bliss of dreams. Be wise and taste."
- Milton

Posts: 3472 | Location: NW Suburbs of Chicago | Registered: Aug 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking better and better by the day! Woot

posted Hide Post
argh. Looks like I'm double-booked and won't be able to make this.

- Milton

posted Hide Post
Sorry we'll miss you aphilla. By the way, anyone bringing some bubbles?

posted Hide Post
I think I will bring a bottle of 2003 Chateau VinoMe Vin de Noix The Last Curse (everyone who has tried this wine has survived (barely) to talk about it). Other wines tbd.

tlv- thanks for informing be about wfm. I know wtf means "why the face" but did not know that one.

VM

Posts: 12252 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vino Me:

tlv- thanks for informing be about wfm. I know wtf means "why the face" but did not know that one.

VM

Big Grin

posted Hide Post
I think xhoser is thinking about bringing a Cheval Blanc.

VM

Posts: 12252 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vino Me:
I think xhoser is thinking about bringing a Cheval Blanc.

VM

Speaking of CB, I had the 2001 recently and it was very approachable and drinking nicely.

Posts: 30088 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My CB is 2004 and not ready to drink in my opinion. How about some 2005 Hundred Acre instead to go along with some of the other Cali wines?

posted Hide Post
I'm sure whatever you bring will not suck! Looking forward to Monday.