WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Off-Line Events    Nashville Dec 1st
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nashville Dec 1st
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Wow. Very envious on your line up. A week later and I could have joined in as I'll be in Huntsville, AL at Redstone for a work trip. Perhaps on my next visit I'll give a shout ahead of time.

"One barrel of wine can work more miracles than a church full of saints." - Italian proverb.

Posts: 383 | Location: Carlsbad, CA., USA | Registered: Jul 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
add in a magnum of Philipponnat Brut Rose Reserve

Posts: 2104 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: Feb 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dang how many people are going to this offline?

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 12063 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Racer117:
Wow. Very envious on your line up. A week later and I could have joined in as I'll be in Huntsville, AL at Redstone for a work trip. Perhaps on my next visit I'll give a shout ahead of time.
Yes, please let us know. This is a fun group to get together with.

Posts: 483 | Location: Nashville,TN | Registered: Feb 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thirsty man:
add in a magnum of Philipponnat Brut Rose Reserve
Wow, Thirsty..Thanks!

Posts: 483 | Location: Nashville,TN | Registered: Feb 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
dang how many people are going to this offline?
Believe it or not, I think that we are only at 10 or 11. Ya know, its not too late for you to join us.

posted Hide Post
Here's the draft menu and updated wine list. I think that Flemmings has done a nice job with this.

1st Course- Crevettes Tempura Grenade Beurre Blanc aux Pommes Salade de Chou (Shrimp Tempura with an apple slaw and pomegranate beurre blanc)

2nd Course- Poêlé Mangue Salade Vinaigrette Frisse Fenouil aux Agrumes (Pan Seared Mango, Frisse Salad and a Citrus Fennel Vinaigrette)

3rd Course- Orange, Abricot Maïs Pain Poulet Roulade de Haricot Vert (Orange Apricot cornbread Chicken Roulade with Green Beans)

4th Course- Cèdre Pain Plat de Saumon Fumé Champignons (Flat Bread with Cedar Smoked Mushrooms and Salmon)

5th Course- Nouvelle-Zélande Côtelettes D'agneau Port de Glaçure Ail Confit (New Zealand Lamb Chops, Port Glace and garlic confit)

6th Course- Boeuf Rôti aux Herbes Chasseur Portobello Champignons Pommes de Terre en Purée aux Truffes (Beef Tenderloin Chasseur with herb roasted portobello mushrooms and truffle mashed potatoes)

7th Course- Peach Cobbler Crème Glacée à la Vanille (Peach Cobbler with Vanilla Ice cream)

Wines:

Philipponnat Brut Rose Reserve (Magnum)
2010 Novellum Chardonnay Languedoc-Roussillon
2004 Chapoutier Chapoutier Les Granitz, St Joseph
2007 Chapoutier Ermitage l'Ermite blanc
1980 Leroy Savigny-les-Beaune 1er Cru les Peuillets
1978 Haut Brion, Graves
2003 Ogier Cote-Rosie, Reserve di Domaine
2004 Vieux Chateau Certan
2006 Cos d'Estounel, St Estephe
2007 L'Eglise Clinet
1986 Chateau D'Yquem Sauternes

posted Hide Post
I'd love to be able to make the drive to this event to meet, hang and share wine with you guys, but we are doing our annual Memphis area wine group Christmas dinner on the same night. Please don't hesitate the next time you guys throw something together there, it's only an 3 hour drive and a good excuse for me to get out of the area for a day or 2. Also, you're always welcome to join us here as well.

Posts: 930 | Location: Olive Branch, Mississippi | Registered: Nov 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Max, I've been hoping that one of these days we could get you and the rest of the Memphis crew here. I expect that we will probably do another one in the spring, so hopefully you can join us then. Just know that you are always welcome.

posted Hide Post
Thank you and same to you guys. You enjoy yourselves tonight and be safe.

Posts: 930 | Location: Olive Branch, Mississippi | Registered: Nov 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Max!

Well, it's finally here! See ya'll tonight at 6:00. Give me a yell if you need anything.

posted Hide Post
Thanks to everyone for a wonderful evenings!

Posts: 2104 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: Feb 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a fun night! First of all Flemings just totally out did themselves on this. Both the food and service were excellent. I think that the chef may have had almost as much fun as we did.

To the wines. We had a lot of additions and substitutions. I had a list going, but of course left it a the restaurant. Here is what I remember. Thirsty/Sandy, feel free to fill what I'm missing or if I have something wrong.

Philipponnat Brut Rose Reserve (Magnum)
2010 Novellum Chardonnay Languedoc-Roussillon
2008 Georges Vernay Condrieu Coteaux du Vernon
2004 Chapoutier Chapoutier Les Granitz, St Joseph
2007 Chapoutier Ermitage Le Meal blanc
1980 Leroy Savigny-les-Beaune 1er Cru les Peuillets
1978 Haut Brion, Graves
2003 Ogier Cote-Rosie, Reserve di Domaine
2006 Bernard Burgaud Cote-Rotie
2003 Domaine Grand Veneur Chateauneuf-du-Pape Les Origines
2004 Vieux Chateau Certan
2006 Cos d'Estounel, St Estephe
2007 L'Eglise Clinet
2010 Stefania Haut Tubee
2010 Stefania Nueva Casa de los Padres
2009 Stefania Cabernet Sauvignon Chaine d' Or Vineyard
1986 Chateau D'Yquem Sauternes

For me, the wine of the night was the D'Yquem.

posted Hide Post
2005 Chateau Fonsallete Cuvee Syrah (rayas) was missing....

Great dinner. The D'Yquem was the wine of the night for me as well. I think all the wines showed very well and would happily drink all of them again.

G

posted Hide Post
Thanks Thirsty, I knew that I was forgetting something.

I can't believe that I forgot to say this in my earlier post, but it struck me how everyone's interest in wine just brought everyone together. We had several new additions to our group there and it seems like everyone just clicked and had a great time. So, it goes back to the old saying..It's the people that really make the event. The wine is just a nice sideline to that.

posted Hide Post
The Sauterne was in fact the wine of the night! The Condrieu and the L'Emeal were just amazing wines along with the Les Grantis. Oh, and the bubbly was rocky!

So many great wines, and great to see old friends and meet new ones.

When is the next one?

Posts: 1896 | Registered: Jul 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post