WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Off-Line Events    Montreal, Saturday November 10th
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Montreal, Saturday November 10th
 Login/Join 
posted
Since Bman and Big Provolone's visits to our city do not coincide it appears there is a need for consecutive weekend off-lines. It's a tough life, but I'm in and will look after the arrangements. Who else is interested? So far

Big Provolone (2)
Steve8 (2)

Posts: 9979 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not sure but I'm a tentative, either one or plus one.

"I have drunk not to the clouding of my reason, but just so much that I can still surely distinguish the syllables with my tongue." Athenaeus

"Mimik" on cellartracker.com

Posts: 6519 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Feb 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mimik:

Do you just copy & paste this response every time? Razz Horse

Posts: 9979 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Posts: 15360 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
quote:
Originally posted by Mimik:

Do you just copy & paste this response every time? Razz Horse

I am a risk-taking decision-maker, Steve8. What can I say? Cool

"I have drunk not to the clouding of my reason, but just so much that I can still surely distinguish the syllables with my tongue." Athenaeus

Posts: 6519 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Feb 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey count me in guys for one, I can't make the other one (the 2nd of November) but that saturday suits me just fine .

Posts: 261 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Dec 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will be celebrating my Father-in-laws 80th at Portovino(17 people). I'm bringing the wine Smack Look forward to meeting Big Provolone at another off-line. Have a great time.

Going where the water tastes like wine

Posts: 701 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Jul 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Uncle John:
I will be celebrating my Father-in-laws 80th at Portovino(17 people). I'm bringing the wine Smack Look forward to meeting Big Provolone at another off-line. Have a great time.

We had dinner at Portovino a couple of weeks ago, food was very good, love the Calimari! I look forward to meeting you too!

http://www.bythevines.com

Posts: 527 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I need to reserve for this dinner, so Mimik can you make a decision?

So far

Steve8 (2)
Big Provolone (2)
Lovelandre (1)

posted Hide Post
quote:
I need to reserve for this dinner, so Mimik can you make a decision?

LOL

Posts: 15360 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Switchup notice:

Swapping out the Oaktavius for a Copain Thompson Vineyard

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
Switchup notice:

Swapping out the Oaktavius for a Copain Thompson Vineyard

Kevin, i think you may have posted in the wrong thread

Posts: 527 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, we're all set. Reservation for 7:30 pm at Restaurant A L'Os.

Steve8 (2)
Big Provolone (2)
Lovelandre (1)
Mimik (1)

Do we want a theme? Pot luck?

posted Hide Post
Steve, I have limited access to wine in Montreal but we were planning to bring a 2001 Beaucastel and a 2003 LLC if that works for everyone

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigprovolone:
Steve, I have limited access to wine in Montreal but we were planning to bring a 2001 Beaucastel and a 2003 LLC if that works for everyone

I think those are perfectly acceptable offerings BP, so pot luck it is. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
quote:
Steve, I have limited access to wine in Montreal...

Bp, if you're going to be coming and going for the foreseeable future you could consider getting a small offsite in Montreal. There are a few places available around town. I know of one in Old Montreal and the SAQ holds as well in a distinct location. Just throwin' it out there.

posted Hide Post
Steve8 and all, I will have to bow out of this one. I had already booked Saturday night with a wedding so I won't be able to make the offline. My apologies to all and hope to see you next time.

posted Hide Post
Steve, I just found out I too may need to bail out, I forgot to mention to my GF and it seems its her sisters birthday! Maybe we should reschedule for another weekend?

posted Hide Post
Smack I'll call the restaurant and cancel for Saturday.

posted Hide Post
quote:

Sorry Steve, i know its frustrating when these things go sideways, I am still going to try and hit La Grande Gustation de Montreal in the afternoon in case you are around

posted Hide Post
Sorry Steve8 about the cancellation but thank you for planning!

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Sorry Steve, i know its frustrating when these things go sideways, I am still going to try and hit La Grande Gustation de Montreal in the afternoon in case you are around

Unfortunately, my Saturday afternoon is going to be spent raking leaves. Frown

posted Hide Post
I hope you raked the leaves with a glass if wine in hand.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Unfortunately, my Saturday afternoon is going to be spent raking leaves. Frown

I know you're not a huge fan of noisy power equipment, steve8..... Razz but with that yard I'd be using an industrial strength leaf blower.

PH

Posts: 14942 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
I know you're not a huge fan of noisy power equipment, steve8..... Razz
PH

LOL I'd totally forgotten about the 'after hours' mowing