WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Off-Line Events    Querce Bettina Supper in Montreal
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Querce Bettina Supper in Montreal
 Login/Join 
posted
As a service to Roberto and his Agent (Les 2 Raisins) I'm posting the following:

Sandra Barenghi and Roberto Moretti , owners Querce Bettina, have arranged for a Supper to be held on February 2, 2012 at 6:00PM at Restaurant Raza, 114 Laurier Avenue West in Montreal.

The evening will begin with a tasting and discussion with Sandra and Roberto. We have the privilege of tasting the 2008 Rosso di Montalcino, 2005 Brunello di Montalcino and the 2006 Brunello di Montalcino Riserva. This last wine will be available at the SAQ Signature at the end of spring 2013. Appetizers will be served during the wine tasting.

Subsequently, the Chef of Raza will arrange a regional menu to accompany the 2007 Rosso di Montalcino and Brunello di Montalcino. With dessert, an Ice Cider from Pinnacle.

The cost of the evening is $ 125 per person, including dinner, wine, tax and service.
For those interested let it be known here and more information can be provided.

The number of guests is limited to 38

It should be a grand evening and we're greatly looking forward to meeting Roberto and enjoying his Brunellos with a fine meal.

Posts: 15683 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Definitely looking forward to it. Thanks for being the middleman KSC02.

Posts: 10245 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thus far attending just from our circle:

steve8 (2)
vinaigre (4)
mimik (2)
Uncle John (2)
basecadet (2)
KSC02 (2)

Le Duke: Feel free to chime in here any time!

Posts: 15683 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This sounds fantastic. I'd love to attend if I can break away, but it's not going to be easy.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 5855 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
This sounds fantastic. I'd love to attend if I can break away, but it's not going to be easy.

Woot Dok! Get out here for this!!!

You and Mrs. DP
The room is made and awaiting your arrival.

posted Hide Post
I'd love to come, but have to work around some other demands.

Posts: 5186 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dok! Get out here for this!!!

You and Mrs. DP
The room is made and awaiting your arrival.

It's in the works.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 5855 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Might be interesting to see if we could arrange some carpools from Toronto. Unless otw lets us use his private jet. Banana

Still not sure if we're going; this dinner is 2 days after I return from a road trip several time zones away.

Posts: 2951 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In principal we still have room for another 6 individuals but we will try to accommodate as many people as possible.

This should be a fun, relaxed and enjoyable evening, with good food and absolutely excellent wines!

Roberto and Sandra are looking forward to the evening! For those of you who have visited them in Montalcino, you know that they are very friendly and they very much like to share their wine passion with friends and guests.

Posts: 38 | Registered: Jul 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VinT:
this dinner is 2 days after I return from a road trip several time zones away.

And your point is? Razz

Come on, VinT, ROOOAD TRIIIIP!!! Woot

posted Hide Post
It seems that all is in place. See you all tomorrow evening!

posted Hide Post
Looking forward to meeting Roberto and Sandra. Should be a great night of Brunello Smile

Going where the water tastes like wine

Posts: 749 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Jul 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post