WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Off-Line Events    NYC Dec 14-18th
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NYC Dec 14-18th
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Sent you an email GregT.

Posts: 5158 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: Aug 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mareff:
and what you need to put your face on??? Buck up there pal!!!!

I work till 7 pm on Sundays and leaving the wine shop early so close to the holidays will keep me at the top of the shit list. But I'm leaving early anyway!

Wine is the sole salvation,
Its worship and works sublime;
Be firm thy determination,
Hafiz be saved in time.

Posts: 135 | Location: Brooklyn | Registered: Feb 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a little late to the game but count me in if there is still room.

Posts: 48 | Registered: Aug 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Schliecker:
I'm a little late to the game but count me in if there is still room.

Email sent!

Posts: 5158 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: Aug 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GregT and Schliecker- would be great to meet you both...hope you can join us. Cool

Posts: 1770 | Location: Minneapolis | Registered: Jan 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure that Greg T is in, Schliecker on the other hand.....well I assume he will pull it off

Posts: 3721 | Location: Westchester, NY | Registered: Aug 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mareff:
Pretty sure that Greg T is in, Schliecker on the other hand.....well I assume he will pull it off

Awright! The boys are back! Now all we need is T-bird and it'll be Christmas come early!

Hafiz be saved in time.

Posts: 135 | Location: Brooklyn | Registered: Feb 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i have family holiday party on sunday (starts during the day). I will be attending and will probably be on time...... the catch is since I will be with family during the day chances of me not drinking is very slim. I normally try not to drink prior to offline but you may see a buzed David showing up at beginning of evening. I may be the one who falls alseep at the offline! Miss tbird (i have quite a few stories inlcuding one about a mother/daughter) looking forward to seeing both familiar and new faces!

Posts: 793 | Location: Long Island, NY | Registered: Jul 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by differentdave:
i have family holiday party on sunday (starts during the day). I will be attending and will probably be on time...... the catch is since I will be with family during the day chances of me not drinking is very slim. I normally try not to drink prior to offline but you may see a buzed David showing up at beginning of evening. I may be the one who falls alseep at the offline! Miss tbird (i have quite a few stories inlcuding one about a mother/daughter) looking forward to seeing both familiar and new faces!
It's all good David...looking forward to meeting you and others, should be a great evening! Cool

Posts: 1770 | Location: Minneapolis | Registered: Jan 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey guys, I just sent out an email to those who have replied affirmatively with some details. There will about 13-14 of us. Getting a decent pour from a 750ml may be a challenge. So if possible, bring a magnum, 2 bottles of the same wine or team up with someone who does.

posted Hide Post
Great time last night folks, alot of fun

Posts: 3721 | Location: Westchester, NY | Registered: Aug 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, ditto! Mareff, your '78 Palmer and MJAlbers' '88 Krug were my WOTN.

The rest of the line up weren't shabby either, but those two were really, really excellent.

1988 Krug
2005 La Romanee Domaine Fontaine Gignard Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Pru
1975 Cos d'Estournel
1978 Chateau Palmer
1982 Chateau La Lagune
1989 La Nerthe CdP Cuvee des Cadettes
1990 Chapoutier Cote-Rotie
1996 Chateau Clinet
1997 Ridge Monte Bello
2000 Phelps Insignia
2003 Chateau Coutet
1981 Kopke Colheita (bottled in 2011)

posted Hide Post
What an enjoyable evening, great food, great wine, and even better, the company! Thanks to DoubleD for arranging, what a perfect venue it turned out to be; I would definitely return. Next time we're in town, we would love to hook up with everyone again. Special thanks to g-man for taking time friday afternoon to meet us for lunch and xharing the 98 d'yquem...very generous! First class peeps in NY, thanks everyone!

posted Hide Post
Sounds like some great wines!

Posts: 165 | Location: Birchwood, WI | Registered: Mar 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally posting notes on our El Grande tasting. Classically they become sparse towards the end. I would like to hear opinions from attendees who are experienced with older wines as I am not.

12/16/12 Tasting/Dinner at Gentleman Farmer, NYC. Eleven contestants.

-88 Krug- rich, yeasty, wet cardboard,touch caramel, tasty, past peak. Second btl better.

-05 Chassagne Montrachet 1er Cru La Romanee Domaine Fontaine-Giguard (Chard)- mature, mineral, lemon custard, medium body, balanced, needed to open-soft, feminine

-75 Cos- musty, funky, even after 20 min, nothing else
Soft, slight fruit, balanced, good structure and pedigree, well stored, past peak. Second btl-corked.

-78 Palmer- mature red/black fruit, touch graphite
Fresh!, blk cherry, mature fruit, good structure and pedigree, well stored, past peak, now opening, now more complexity, filling out, very good. One hour later- pretty, feminine wine My wine of the night.

-82 La Lagune- baked bread, fruit closing
Velvet, mature fruit, blk cherry, integrated tannin, good feel and weight, earth, mineral, tar, good storage, delicious My #2 wotn.

-90 Chapoutier Cote-Rotie- bit dirty and mostly closed
Fresh, mature fruit, smoke, not a lot of character, past peak

-1989 Chateau La Nerthe Chateauneuf du Pape Cuvee des Cadettes- old and funky
Dark fruit, tar, tobacco, mushroom, good weight, bit materized, after one hr- cooked meat, past peak

-96 Clinet- great nose, deep, dark, rich, classic, touch curry, best nose of the night
Tannin, blk/red fruit, balanced, mushroom, touch curry, medium body

-97 Ridge Monte Bello- mature fruit, lemon zest
Spicy, red/blk fruit, cinnamon, hot, good weight, past peak

-2000 Phelphs Insignia- another mature nose
Balanced, mature, touch choco, drink now. After 30 min- lush fruit, delicious

-81 Porto Kopke Colheita 375ml- rich, alcohol, decent condition, very nice

-96 Colheita Queveado- young, solid, hot, spicy, delicious

-03 Chateau Coutet Barsac- delicious, very good, at peak

Hafiz be saved in time.