WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Off-Line Events    TWC Toronto Seasonal Wine Cheer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TWC Toronto Seasonal Wine Cheer
 Login/Join 
posted
Hi All

It's been a while since our last get together. Frown A couple of TWC tasting event plans did not gel.

How about an informal bit of seasonal wine cheer? Smile Informal. At a wine bar, such as Crush or Select Bistro, or?

Bring whatever bottle you want. Run your own meal tab.

Who ever shows up, shows up. As long as we have at least 3 folks that are firm, we're on.

On a weekday night, say Downtown after work?

What do you think?

Cheers

Jhcolman

Posts: 874 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jul 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like fun. Julian why don't you put out some dates that work for you to get the ball rolling. As between Crush or Le Select - I'd go Crush.

Posts: 176 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Feb 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't think I can make it, very busy schedule on December.....everybody wants their cellar done before Christmas.... Roll Eyes

http://www.h2o2winecellardesign.com/

Posts: 2084 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Guys! my first post! I would love to join if you guys are having events in Toronto! I shall keep you guys posted when I organize events too!

Loves to wine about life

Posts: 200 | Location: Toronto, ON | Registered: Nov 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
zsjoe, welcome to the boards. Keep checking the threads and your bound to find something soon. Always happy to add a fellow Torontonian to the fold.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 5859 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you DoktaP! Is there anything that is coming up soon??

Loves to wine about life

Posts: 200 | Location: Toronto, ON | Registered: Nov 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't make it to this one gents.

Welcome zsjoeblack! I have some Quilceda Creek and Caymus SS that I'd be willing to trade for Bordeaux if you're interested.

Posts: 1739 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zsjoeblack:
Thank you DoktaP! Is there anything that is coming up soon??

Zsjoe

I was hoping there would be interest in some fine wine Xmas cheer, but everyone understandably seems to be busy.

So, the next event will likely be January.

Cheers

Jhcolman

I have enjoyed great health at a great age because everyday since I can remember I have consumed a bottle of wine except when I have not felt well. Then I have consumed two bottles. - Bishop of Seville

Posts: 874 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jul 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys! I would likely organize a wine-tasting event @ One King West sponsored by mining companies and catering towards potential individual and institutional investors. Gonna be some italian wines not found in LCBO that I got from a merchant. Would keep everyone posted about the details to come!

Loves to wine about life

posted Hide Post
Dear Mangiare,

I have some Palmer and Pichon Lalande from the 80s, as well as two bottles of Lafite 99.

For American wine I am more focused on Sine Qua Non....or if you have something nice from Vosne Romanee I would certainly be interested!

Loves to wine about life

posted Hide Post
quote:
Dear Mangiare,

I have some Palmer and Pichon Lalande from the 80s, as well as two bottles of Lafite 99.

For American wine I am more focused on Sine Qua Non....or if you have something nice from Vosne Romanee I would certainly be interested!

zsjoe, I have a case of assorted SQN you might be interested in. Post your email and we can discuss.

Posts: 2953 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
zuosi@hotmail.com

please send me the pictures and the details Big Grin

Loves to wine about life

posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks guys! I would likely organize a wine-tasting event @ One King West sponsored by mining companies and catering towards potential individual and institutional investors. Gonna be some italian wines not found in LCBO that I got from a merchant. Would keep everyone posted about the details to come!

Thanks for posting, ZSJoe. Look forward to meeting you at a TWC event.

With very due respect, though, WineSpectator offline events are meant to social (not business promotional) events.

I have enjoyed great health at a great age because everyday since I can remember I have consumed a bottle of wine except when I have not felt well. Then I have consumed two bottles. - Bishop of Seville

posted Hide Post
SQN Rocks!

Posts: 105 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rosengoo:
SQN Rocks!

Without an emoticon it's hard to tell if you're being serious or have tongue firmly planted in cheek...

Posts: 2953 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
zuosi@hotmail.com

please send me the pictures and the details Big Grin

email sent with list of SQN available.

I realize this should be in the Buying and Selling thread but if anyone else is "SQN crazed" like our friend joeblack, let me know.

posted Hide Post
No, I love SQN! Please send your list to:
rosengoo@outlook.com

Thanks very much.

Posts: 105 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rosengoo:
No, I love SQN! Please send your list to:
rosengoo@outlook.com

Thanks very much.

Email sent.