WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Off-Line Events    Carlucci in Downer's Grove, IL on Thursday, March 1.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Carlucci in Downer's Grove, IL on Thursday, March 1.
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I still intend to attend.

Wine makes me smile.

Posts: 809 | Location: Chicago Western Suburbs | Registered: Nov 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
J3, sorry about that. Prior post edited.

Posts: 5495 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, we won't be able to make this one. I've just got way too much going on at the office. I checked with our +1, and he's got late tastings that afternoon so he'll not be able to attend either. We'll catch up with everyone the next time around.

Posts: 1622 | Location: St. Charles, IL | Registered: Dec 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to miss you this time Allred, see you soon. Work sucks!

Posts: 5495 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Strangely, I also have no Barolo in my cellar. I need to rectify this.

But in keeping with the Piedmont theme I will bring a white wine - 2010 Angelo Gaja Chardonnay Rossj Bass.

J3

Wine makes me smile.

Posts: 809 | Location: Chicago Western Suburbs | Registered: Nov 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Won't be able to make this one. Going to be traveling back from Indiana that night. Might stop in after dinner to say high if I make it back in time.

Berno- If you see this, bring the Champagne you helped me order and hopefully I can pick it up.

VM

Posts: 12308 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will not be able to attend, either. Hope I can make the next one.

------------------------------
Originally posted by Board-O:
It's truly amazing the amount of meaningless posts you make.

"All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved." Matthew 10:22

Posts: 2529 | Location: Illinois | Registered: Jun 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to miss you guys. It appears our head count is currently at 5:

aphilla
billhike
jcubed
thelostverse
trekkerdan

Anyone else interested? We are friendly - at least some of us! Smile

posted Hide Post
Bill, I sent you a message on FB, but I have to bail on tonight. Sorry guys.

Posts: 3600 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jcubed, I have touched base with the others and we are still a go as a foursome. See you there!

posted Hide Post
I'm there dude.

J3

Wine makes me smile.

posted Hide Post
Bummed I missed this last night, but I think it was the right thing to do.

I did open the 2005 Stefano Farina Barolo at home last night that I had sourced for this. I don't remember the last time I had a Barolo, but I loved it. I'll be back to Binny's to pick up a few more of these for the cellar.

Posts: 3600 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel bad about missing this also. I had the 1997 and 1998 Domenico Clerico Barolo Ciabot Mentin Ginestra (WS98 and WS99 respectively) standing up and ready to go.

VM

Posts: 12308 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vino Me:
I feel bad about missing this also. I had the 1997 and 1998 Domenico Clerico Barolo Ciabot Mentin Ginestra (WS98 and WS99 respectively) standing up and ready to go.

VM

Oh man! I have some of those in recent vintages and would have loved to try one.

Bill took notes, I'm hoping he posts them this evening.

"Wine, one sip of this will bathe the drooping spirits in delight beyond the bliss of dreams. Be wise and taste."
- Milton

Posts: 3492 | Location: NW Suburbs of Chicago | Registered: Aug 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And, I'm sorry to have missed you both (thelostverse and vinome).

"Wine, one sip of this will bathe the drooping spirits in delight beyond the bliss of dreams. Be wise and taste."
- Milton

Posts: 3492 | Location: NW Suburbs of Chicago | Registered: Aug 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Notes posted. Looking forward to our next get-together!