WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Off-Line Events    Chicago December 5
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chicago December 5
 Login/Join 
posted
I'll be in town on the 5th and was wondering if any of the Chicago crowd is around and would like to grab a bite to eat and share some wine... I'm staying downtown, but can travel by mass transit.

G

Posts: 2104 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: Feb 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd be up for that I think. Downtown would be cool.

"Wine, one sip of this will bathe the drooping spirits in delight beyond the bliss of dreams. Be wise and taste."
- Milton

Posts: 3444 | Location: NW Suburbs of Chicago | Registered: Aug 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll be in Mexico. Sorry to miss out.

Posts: 3551 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's nice to hear of a potential gathering in the city, and I would be up for it.

Posts: 3081 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Apr 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I should be able to join as well

Posts: 854 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Aug 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I won't be able to make it so I probably shouldn't chime in, but it looks like one of you guys needs to step up, suggest/pick a place, and make a reservation! Wink

Posts: 5370 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
I won't be able to make it so I probably shouldn't chime in, but it looks like one of you guys needs to step up, suggest/pick a place, and make a reservation! Wink

Agreed. I'd do it, but I'm now tentative. My wife also planned something for that night - trying to move it but not sure.

We had an offline in the Spring at Kiki's Bistro which has great wine service.

"Wine, one sip of this will bathe the drooping spirits in delight beyond the bliss of dreams. Be wise and taste."
- Milton

Posts: 3444 | Location: NW Suburbs of Chicago | Registered: Aug 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, I am unable to make this one. I'll be in Dekalb/Naperville.

Enjoy!

J3

Wine makes me smile.

Posts: 797 | Location: Chicago Western Suburbs | Registered: Nov 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's an outside chance we could make it. I'll know for sure by Monday evening.

Posts: 1564 | Location: St. Charles, IL | Registered: Dec 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:

Message sent. It sounds like thirsty, EB and and I are in, with aphilla and Allred as tentative. I don't mind setting up a reservation, so let me know if anyone has somewhere in mind. I have never been to Kiki's, so that could be interesting.

Anyone else?

Posts: 3081 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Apr 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kiki's sounds great to me! I would probably need a time after 6. I think I land at O'Hare around 4...

Feel free to email me if you want to discuss details offline. Gstranch (at) hotmail.com

Posts: 2104 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: Feb 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll know for sure Monday also. Hope to join.

- Milton

posted Hide Post
I'm serving dinner at a shelter this night, shoot...next time folks.

Posts: 854 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Aug 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
EB - what is their corkage policy? Smile

posted Hide Post
Sadly we can't shift enough stuff to make this happen. I'm bummed.

- Milton

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thirsty man:
EB - what is their corkage policy? Smile

Ha! Want to crash the shelter dinner?

posted Hide Post
Unfortunately we're not going to be able to make it for this one. Busy season has begun... Frown

Posts: 1564 | Location: St. Charles, IL | Registered: Dec 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone left? Bueller?

posted Hide Post
I'm going to make other plans. Hopefully, we can get together another time when I have more advance notice... Thanks guys

G

posted Hide Post
Sorry I disappeared on chiming in here, but I got swamped (and sick) the past few days. Too bad things didn't work out, but let us know again next time you're around thirsty.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thirsty man:
I'm going to make other plans. Hopefully, we can get together another time when I have more advance notice... Thanks guys

G

Sorry about that- hopefully we can give it another try soon.

If you need a recommendation I know of this great soup kitchen in Lincoln Park Wink

posted Hide Post
no problem guys and thanks for trying to re-arrange. I'm sure I will be back in 2013. Hopefully, I will have more advance notice.

G