WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Off-Line Events    Bern's Steakhouse?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bern's Steakhouse?
 Login/Join 
posted
I'll be working in Tampa for about 3 weeks in March, and plan on eating at Bern's as often as possible, cholesterol be dammed.
I even ordered the wine list and have gone through it with a hi-liter.
I'm a musician who loves baseball, wine (especially older CA bottles), politics (I'm a confirmed lefty, but get along just fine with anyone, with the possible exception of Ted Nugent- whom I've met and is clinically insane, and Rush Limbaugh- whom I made cry, accidentally, sorry Rush).
I'll be down working on a musical called Rock Of Ages (don't blame me for the Tom Cruise debacle) and welcome any dinner company.
ps: I promise I'm not actually a weirdo/creep; a little boring possibly, but not too creepy I hope.

Posts: 136 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: Sep 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sure wish that I could join you, but I'm 2,200 miles away. I have a dream of hitting Bern's at least once in my lifetime. Their aged Beaujolais look wonderful and affordable. If your tour takes you back up to the Mpls. area again, look us up and the locals will take you out.

Posts: 162 | Location: Birchwood, WI | Registered: Mar 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mighty kind offer Tpety, and I'll take you up on it some day!
I'm actually the music supervisor for the show, so I go around teaching the cast their parts, the band how to play it etc...
We're opening on a NCL ship in May, so I'm rehearsing the cast in Tampa, then flying to Germany to tech the show on board the ship.

Bern's is a pretty surreal experience, especially touring the cellars.
Where else can you get an 1850 Madeira by the glass for $50? Smile

Posts: 136 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: Sep 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tpety:
I sure wish that I could join you, but I'm 2,200 miles away. I have a dream of hitting Bern's at least once in my lifetime. Their aged Beaujolais look wonderful and affordable. If your tour takes you back up to the Mpls. area again, look us up and the locals will take you out.

Seriously??

Posts: 4942 | Location: Miami | Registered: Mar 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jorgerunfrombulls:
quote:
Originally posted by Tpety:

Seriously??
I LOLed.

Apostrophes don't make things plural.

Posts: 2950 | Location: Napa | Registered: Apr 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Might be able to get together with you.

ER physician living in Seminole just across the Bay. Haven't been to Bern's in years (two small kids at home and I'm 48 what was I thinking!).

I walked away from baseball after third strike, try to keep my politics to work--follow the national scene but don't get too zealous about it---even watch Daily Show for a humorous look from the "other side". Like big fresh cabernets, also Italian super Tuscans. Should be PERFECT dinner company for you!!

I am the coordinator for a local wine club, The Grape Nuts, so might be able to wrestle up another winelover if need be to join us.

Email: ardeisfka@aol.com

Probably better luck on a weeknight rather than a weekend with my schedule.

Regards either way,

Ardeis Scott

Posts: 429 | Location: Seminole, Florida | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We dined at Berne's Friday night. Great wine experience. 72 burgandy was amazing

Posts: 59 | Location: Buffalo | Registered: Oct 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1972 was a great, underappreciated vintage in Burgundy. I think it was better than 1971 and 1976

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36782 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Board-O
posted Mar 11, 2013 10:36 PM Hide Post
1972 was a great, underappreciated vintage in Burgundy. I think it was better than 1971 and 1976

Just one more sip.

totally agree. My wife's birth year, and I've had quite a few that have been fantastic.