WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Off-Line Events    Montreal - December
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Montreal - December
 Login/Join 
posted
Gents, we've been mulling over having an off-line prior to the Holidays (which is now dangerously close).

There is a highly rated and yet untried (by us) BYO in town

RAZA

Any interest in us putting something together? Maybe even over the Holiday period?

Just throwin' it out there Cool

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KSC02,

Posts: 15733 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love the idea Smile Any sugestions on When?

Going where the water tastes like wine

Posts: 755 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Jul 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty open to weekend dates (or even weekdays between Xmas and the first week of the New Year).

Others want to chime in (positive or negative) to the overall timeline and preferred dates?

If we do indeed do this, we'll likely need to reserve 2-3 weeks prior with the restaurant methinks.

Posts: 15733 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Count me out for before Christmas.
All the next three weekends are already booked.

As for during the holidays, I'm still waiting for the rest of our family's plans as when they will be around.

JL

Posts: 1681 | Location: Montréal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We should be good, either before or between.

Posts: 10278 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haven't hooked with you guys for a while, so I shall try and squeeze in the off-line.

Posts: 261 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Dec 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't make it this month, but we'll be in town for the Grand Prix again in June.

Punch it , Chewie!

Posts: 1388 | Location: Edmonton | Registered: Jul 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Outside shot that mrs bman and I might be able to attend something December 28 or 29

-------------------
Go Bruins!!
Go Tigers!!
Go Pistons!!
Go Lions!!

Posts: 10783 | Location: Oakville Ontario | Registered: Jan 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We could likely do these dates.
Do these dates work for others as well?

Just how 'outside' are we talking here, bman? Razz

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
We could likely do these dates.
Do these dates work for others as well?

Just how 'outside' are we talking here, bman? Razz

Pretty outside. By which I mean, I have not yet spoken to mrs bman, who made me promise that when I came home for Christmas we would stay put and not head off anywhere! Devilish But if you plan it, we may come! Popcorn

-------------------
Go Bruins!!
Go Tigers!!
Go Pistons!!
Go Lions!!

Posts: 10783 | Location: Oakville Ontario | Registered: Jan 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm okay for the 28th.

"I have drunk not to the clouding of my reason, but just so much that I can still surely distinguish the syllables with my tongue." Athenaeus

"Mimik" on cellartracker.com

Posts: 6660 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Feb 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Should be OK on both dates... haven't talked to the mrs, but I assume she'll agree!

Posts: 1009 | Location: Montreal, Qc | Registered: Dec 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shall we call it for RAZA on the 28th then?
Any nays?

Who's in?

bman (2?)
Impulse (2)
mimik (2?)
steve8 (2)
lovelandre (1?)
vinaigre (2?)
Uncle John (2)
KSC02 (2)

Back in the day (when we used to count points Razz ) this would traditionally be our "95+ Supper" Wink

posted Hide Post
We're in for two. Very close to NYE and I'm thinking one of my bottles will be Champagne Wink

Going where the water tastes like wine

Posts: 755 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Jul 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We're tentative for the 28th. The 29th would be better for us if both dates are still in play?

Bman, put a coat on because that sounds pretty outside to me. Big Grin

Posts: 10278 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
mrs. bman says she cannot think of anything she would like better than to spend an evening with a bunch of winegeeks slurping expensive juice and boring her to tears talking about it - and their much better halves. A little bit more the latter than the former, I expect.

So we're in! But we can only do it on the 28th.

Will there be a theme?

-------------------
Go Bruins!!
Go Tigers!!
Go Pistons!!
Go Lions!!

posted Hide Post
I've phoned the restaurant and left a message to inquire of reservation possibilities for our size group

posted Hide Post
As Mimik would say:

C and I are maybe able to probably be a possible tentative, but were not 100% sure yet.

JL

Posts: 1681 | Location: Montréal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vinaigre:
As Mimik would say:

C and I are maybe able to probably be a possible tentative, but were not 100% sure yet.

LOL

PH

Posts: 15354 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alright I phoned RAZA, and they just phoned back, with the following response:

They were planning on being closed Dec 28th, but are willing to open with the following criteria:

Minimum 15 people
8 Course degustation Menu (including foie gras): $90/person
(meaning not a multi-choice menu but pre-set)

So that means we'll need commitments. If this doesn't work, no stress. BUT, if we are to do this, we'll need to confirm this pretty quickly (by Monday I think)

What say ye? IN or OUT Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KSC02,

posted Hide Post
Let me know if you're one short!! Banana

JK.... My ass is still sore from the last drive!! Ack

PH

Posts: 15354 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

I think we're one short. Saddle up!

posted Hide Post
If there's a direct flight where I could stand up all the way, I'd consider it!! Razz

PH

posted Hide Post
I'll ask the company to send down the shuttle plane Wink

posted Hide Post
Shuttle, schmuttle.... Roll Eyes

Send one of these down, and I'm a DONE deal.... I know you have the juice to get this done!!

Winner

PH